Youth Soccer Instructors/Early Childhood Educators Needed for Children Ages 2-8
Soccer Shots (the official two to five-year-old program of US Youth Soccer) is looking to expand our team of dynamic instructors to accommodate our growth in the WNY are, including: Hamburg, Orchard Park, Buffalo, Williamsville, Amherst, Clarence, Lockport, North Tonawanda, Grand Island and Niagara Falls.
We are the #1 Children's Fitness franchise in the country. Why? Aside from the incredible curriculum, leadership, and passion, it's because we only hire the best instructors to work with our children. We want our Soccer Shots sessions to be the BEST 30-60 minutes of each child's week.
We offer sessions 7 days a week throughout the WNY area. Sessions run seasonally (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring) and take place at childcare centers, recreation centers, parks and elementary schools (aftercare enrichment programs). Session start times vary depending upon location and season but typically fall within the following timeframes and repeat each week: morning (8:30 am - 12 pm) or afternoon (2:30 pm - 6:00 pm). We are looking for candidates who are able to commit to two complete seasons, minimally.
We place an emphasis on character development and skill building and provide our instructors with developmentally appropriate curriculum that aligns with early childhood standards.
We are looking for instructors who meet the following criteria:
- Responsible: Timely, attentive, safety conscious, consistently meets/exceeds administrative deadlines and committed to fulfilling assigned schedule.
- Engaging: Comfortable and confident, the ability to keep a group 10 or more children safely engaged, entertained and excited to learn about the beautiful game of soccer.
- Enthusiastic & Fun: Outgoing, animated, willing to sing songs, be silly/goofy and have the ability to connect with young children (2 - 8 years old).
- Patient/Adaptable: Recognizes that not every game will go as planned, distractions will occur (airplanes are so cool) and patience is an ally.
- Professional: Neat in appearance, friendly and courteous in all communication with childcare staff, parents and administrators.
- Team Player: Collaborative, dependable, excellent communicator and commitment to elevating those around you.
- Soccer Enthusiast: Soccer experience is preferred, however, if you are great working with children, have some familiarity playing the game, and love the game - this can work.
- Prior Experience Working with Children: Must be able to engage and interact with 2-8 year olds and have experience doing so.
- Reliable Transportation: Must have a safe and reliable car. You are responsible for driving yourself to your sites. Must have a clean driving record.
- Background check cleared: Must pass a Federal & State Background Check and FBI Fingerprinting.
- CPR/ First Aid Certified: Certified in cpr/ first aid or willing to get certified.
In addition to the above, a successful candidate must pass a Child Abuse History Clearance and a Background Check.
After completing our paid training, Coaches earn $18/session with sessions ranging from 30-60 minutes in length.
For more information on Soccer Shots, please visit our website at www.soccershotsbuffalo.com
Soccer Shots - Buffalo
Soccer Shots is an engaging children's soccer program with a focus on character development. Our caring team positively impacts children's lives on and off the field through best-in-class coaching, curriculum and communication.
The best coaches in the business
- Every Soccer Shots coach must complete our comprehensive training program to receive certification.
- All Soccer Shots coaches are trained in the use of developmentally appropriate techniques.
- Coaches are routinely evaluated and undergo ongoing training.
- Our coach selection process evaluates not only the ability to coach soccer, but also the ability to engage and inspire children.
An exceptional customer experience with ongoing communication
- You will receive a weekly summary of what your child is learning at Soccer Shots.
- We proactively communicate cancellations due to weather or other circumstances.
- Our staff understands the importance of timely, responsive communication.
Expert-approved curriculum that aligns with early childhood education standards
- Our developmentally appropriate curriculum places an emphasis on character development and skill building.
- Our program is created under the guidance of childhood education specialists, professional soccer players and experienced and licensed soccer coaches.
- We constantly re-evaluate and update our curriculum to stay current with childhood education standards.
If you have a passion for positively impacting children, we’d love to talk to you.
Soccer Shots is an international franchise brand with franchises in 34 states and Canada. This position is for your local franchise. Visit soccershots.org to learn more and/or for franchising opportunities.
Company Website: www.soccershots.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)